Welcome to FreeBSD unix discussion forums, message boards !

Welcome to FreeBSD unix discussion forums, message boards !

Post by FreeBSD foru » Mon, 18 Feb 2002 07:55:23

We have setup http://www.freebsdforums.org for all
FreeBSD users and enthusiasts alike.
Newbies are welcome!!!

Please register and test drive our forums, and
help grow and promote our FreeBSD community.

FreeBSD forums

1. Displaying page views for messages in Discussion Board

Hi all
This message might be slightly off topic, but I wasn't sure where else to post
it...

Does anybody know how to display the number of page views for a particular
thread/message in a discussion board?  I know how to use the Microsoft
PageCounter COM object as well as Application/Session variables, however, I want
to display page hits not for some static page, but for a message-viewing page
that dynamically displays depending on the message ID/topic/thread chosen.  What
I want to do is display a list of popular discussion board messages with the
number of times they've been each viewed beside them.  Would I have to have use
SQL Server's built-in counters for this, or can I simply use ASP/ADO?  I know to
use SQL Server's built-in counters, I'd have to use triggers in conjunction with
stored procedures.  However, triggers only work w/ inserts, deletes and updates.
When a site visitor views a message, only the SQL select statement executes, so a
trigger wouldn't help me here.

Thanks in advance.

2. C.J. Date's book

3. Displaying Page Views for Messages in Discussion Board

4. MSSQLSERVER service terminated unexpectedly

5. Notice/Discussion Board Database

6. Problem: Importing data from Sage Line 50 via DTS kills EM

7. Discussion board seeks your expertise

8. How Many Rows will be fetched (CT_LIB)

9. A few comments which I would welcome discussion on.(please)

10. Oracle based discussion forum

11. New discussion forum

12. Writing a discussion forum in Portal 9i

13. Designer 2000 discussion forum