readline missing on linux

Post by Randolph Jone » Sat, 09 Aug 2003 20:42:58

From: Bruce Momjian

> It appears your readline needs -ltermcap, -lterminfo, or -lcurses to
> link properly.  I think this happens when the readline library is not
> linked against those when it is created.

>> I am getting configure failures due to missing readline.
>> I have redhat 9, 2.4.21, with readline and readline-devel 2.4.2 installed.

Thanks for your reply.
I have termcap and ncurses installed.
Do I need to install terminfo?
How do I link them to readline?
TIA
rfjones

readline missing on linux

Post by Bruce Momji » Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:57:46

Uh, I am not sure.  I would re-install readline and see if it picks up
those libraries this time.

What failures are you seeing, exactly?  Oh, I remember, it is linking
failures.  You can fix it manually if you add -ltermcap to the link
line, and you can even have configure add it using one of its flags.

> From: Bruce Momjian
> > It appears your readline needs -ltermcap, -lterminfo, or -lcurses to
> > link properly.  I think this happens when the readline library is not
> > linked against those when it is created.

> >> I am getting configure failures due to missing readline.
> >> I have redhat 9, 2.4.21, with readline and readline-devel 2.4.2 installed.
> Thanks for your reply.
> I have termcap and ncurses installed.
> Do I need to install terminfo?
> How do I link them to readline?
> TIA
> rfjones

  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us

  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

readline missing on linux

Post by Bruce Momji » Tue, 12 Aug 2003 12:00:56

I just read that the problem reporter got it working ... nevermind.

> Uh, I am not sure.  I would re-install readline and see if it picks up
> those libraries this time.

> What failures are you seeing, exactly?  Oh, I remember, it is linking
> failures.  You can fix it manually if you add -ltermcap to the link
> line, and you can even have configure add it using one of its flags.

> > From: Bruce Momjian
> > > It appears your readline needs -ltermcap, -lterminfo, or -lcurses to
> > > link properly.  I think this happens when the readline library is not
> > > linked against those when it is created.

> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

> > Thanks for your reply.
> > I have termcap and ncurses installed.
> > Do I need to install terminfo?
> > How do I link them to readline?
> > TIA
> > rfjones

> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us

>   +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
>   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us

  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

1. readline missing in linux

Thanks to bruce momjian and tom lane, I installed ncurses-devel and all
is well.
Thanks so much
rfjones

      joining column's datatypes do not match

2. ODBCDirect convert "0" to (null) in MEMO field?

3. readline missing on linux?

4. JDBC connection problem in netbeans with MySql

5. readline missing when compiling

6. Error in Sql Execution

7. Missing libdb-3.1 DB2 Linux V7.2 OS Linux Debian

8. Identifying rows from a page reference

9. DB2 V6.1 for Linux and ADSM : missing libadsm.a

10. Oracle 8i Installation File Missing (Linux)

11. Missing documentation (DB2 V7.1 PE for Linux)

12. Problem with oidadmin on Oracle8.1.7/Linux: Missing libnldapj8.so

13. Informix Linux Install-missing info