createlang failed!

Post by John Li » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 05:52:39

Thanks, fixed. The problem was
caused -
there's a postgreSQL came with the
Redhat server, but I tried to install one
only used by a specific user, I set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH in this user's profile.
pg_config --pkglibdir points to the correct
lib dir, but when I run createlang plpgsql template1
it keeps failed.

I've to run -
createlang --pglib=Dir plpgsql template1

then:
createlang -l template1
Procedural languages
  Name   | Trusted?
---------+----------
 plpgsql | t
(1 row)

But here's another observation -
I still can't create plpgsql in the mydb
(createdb mydb) even template1 supports plpgsql.
I've to run
createlang --pglib=Dir --dbname=DB plpgsql.

I guess it's me to make it messy.

johnl

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

1. createlang failed!

When I run createlang plpgsql template1
on linux 7.3 (pg version 7.3.1), it failed -

createlang plpgsql template1
ERROR:  stat failed on file '$libdir/plpgsql': No such file or directory
createlang: language installation failed

Can someone point me where could go wrong?

thanks.

johnl

2. SQL 2000 Licensing Error Per Processor

3. createlang fails

4. need help! a table can't open

5. Pick in India

6. Createlang PLTCLU failed

7. Runtime '429':Activex component can't create object ....Huh?

8. anyone? CREATELANG in pgsql 7.3.2 failing

9. Createlang Pltclu failed

10. createlang and Schemas

11. createlang difficulty.

12. pgsql/src bin/scripts/createlang.sh bin/script ...