contrib/dbmirror

Post by Bruce Momji » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 07:17:26

> >> I think the ideal solution would be for the dbmirror author(s) to agree
> >> to relicense it as BSD.  If no go, then push it over to gborg.

> > I'm wiling to talk to some people here at Navtech about relicensing
> > dbmirror as BSD but, if its going to be moved to gborg anyway in 7.4 then
> > my preference would be to not relicense it.
> > If its going to stay in contrib for the forseable future(at least until
> > the postgres-r replication stuff is ready) then there's a good chance I
> > can arrange for it to be relicensed.

> I understand your feeling, but that leaves us with a hard decision.
> Marc wants to skinny down contrib, which means pushing out stuff that
> isn't fairly widely used.  dbmirror being a new item, it doesn't have
> any track record of use; and so there's very little to set on the other
> side of the scales against the its-the-wrong-license argument.

> I haven't tried dbmirror myself, but it looks useful; I'd vote for
> keeping it in the distribution *if* the license is BSD.  Otherwise
> I'll have to vote not to.

With no feedback from dbmirror author;  added to TODO:

        * Move dbmirror and rserv from /contrib to gborg.postgresql.org

--
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us

  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

contrib/dbmirror

Yes, but RC1 my be on Friday.

--

Post by Steven Sing » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 07:28:57

Can you give me another 24 hours before moving it?

I forwarded the relicense request up to the decision makers  here and he
said that he would look it over and he was SUPPOSED to get get to me last
week.  I'll try bugging him for some kind of answer tomorrow.

Quote:

> With no feedback from dbmirror author;  added to TODO:

>    * Move dbmirror and rserv from /contrib to gborg.postgresql.org

--

Aircraft Performance Systems                Phone:  519-747-1170 ext 282
Navtech Systems Support Inc.                AFTN:   CYYZXNSX SITA: YYZNSCR
Waterloo, Ontario                           ARINC:  YKFNSCR

http://archives.postgresql.org

contrib/dbmirror

Post by Marc G. Fournie » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 07:51:43

> > > I'm wiling to talk to some people here at Navtech about relicensing
> > > dbmirror as BSD but, if its going to be moved to gborg anyway in 7.4 then
> > > my preference would be to not relicense it.
> > > If its going to stay in contrib for the forseable future(at least until
> > > the postgres-r replication stuff is ready) then there's a good chance I
> > > can arrange for it to be relicensed.

> > I understand your feeling, but that leaves us with a hard decision.
> > Marc wants to skinny down contrib, which means pushing out stuff that
> > isn't fairly widely used.  dbmirror being a new item, it doesn't have
> > any track record of use; and so there's very little to set on the other
> > side of the scales against the its-the-wrong-license argument.

> > I haven't tried dbmirror myself, but it looks useful; I'd vote for
> > keeping it in the distribution *if* the license is BSD.  Otherwise
> > I'll have to vote not to.

> With no feedback from dbmirror author;  added to TODO:

>    * Move dbmirror and rserv from /contrib to gborg.postgresql.org

Looks good to me ...

contrib/dbmirror

Post by Bruce Momji » Fri, 08 Nov 2002 02:51:20

License updated to BSD.  TODO item removed.

> I've received permission to relicense it under the BSD license.
> Attatched is a patch that changes the copyright notice on the files
> The COPYING file should also be removed from CVS as it no longer applies.

> > Yes, but RC1 my be on Friday.

> > > Can you give me another 24 hours before moving it?

> > > I forwarded the relicense request up to the decision makers  here and he
> > > said that he would look it over and he was SUPPOSED to get get to me last
> > > week.  I'll try bugging him for some kind of answer tomorrow.

> > > --

> > > Aircraft Performance Systems                Phone:  519-747-1170 ext 282
> > > Navtech Systems Support Inc.                AFTN:   CYYZXNSX SITA: YYZNSCR
> > > Waterloo, Ontario                           ARINC:  YKFNSCR

> --

> Aircraft Performance Systems                Phone:  519-747-1170 ext 282
> Navtech Systems Support Inc.                AFTN:   CYYZXNSX SITA: YYZNSCR
> Waterloo, Ontario                           ARINC:  YKFNSCR

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

--
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us

  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

1. pgsql-server/contrib/dbmirror README.dbmirror

CVSROOT:        /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server

Modified files:
        contrib/dbmirror: README.dbmirror

Log message:
        This trivial patch fixes a bunch of spelling mistakes in the
        contrib/dbmirror/README.dbmirror doc file.

        Neil Conway

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

2. Newbie - logging to exception files from data pump task

3. pgsql-server/contrib/dbmirror DBMirror.pl READ ...

4. Which shell is run

5. pgsql-server/contrib/dbmirror DBMirror.pl

6. CAL Question.

7. pgsql-server/contrib/dbmirror pending.c

8. JR. ORACLE DBA IN NYC

9. pgsql-server/contrib/dbmirror Tag: REL7_3_STAB ...

10. pgsql/contrib/dbmirror

11. contrib/dbmirror