anyone else with mod_perl/apache and 7.1

anyone else with mod_perl/apache and 7.1

Post by newsrea.. » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:28:35

I recently upgraded my production server
to 7.1 because people keep saying how
performance is so much better than 7.0.3
and because 8k row length limitation was removed

postgres is accessed by mod_perl processes
maintaining persistent connections.  Before
I can count the number of mod_perl processes
and the number of postgres backend processes
and they are the same.  Now postgres
processes outnumber mod_perl processes by
about 25% and for some reason the number
of processes (both mod_perl and postgres)
keep increasing beyond what is normal for the same
amount of traffic at my site.

Anyone else notice that?

Thanks

1. Build mod_perl for apache

Hi, Ron,
thanks for your advice. I gradually understand why my DBD:Ingres did not
work with web dbi query, because I did not have mod_perl installed for
my apache. I am studying the mod_perl installation from apache web site.
My question is that how can I install mod_perl without affecting
previously built apache. As indicated at the apache web site
http://perl.apache.org/guide/config.html) on this installation, there
are a few parameters to be set up during configuration phase (perl
Makefile.PL).

Any advice/assistance is highly approciated.

Yuandan

http://perl.apache.org/guide/config.html

2. SQL Server Login Errors / Access Denied

3. Apache/mod_perl based mySQL application design question

4. SQL string question

5. Oracle http Apache (Oracle 8.1.7) integration with Redhat 7.1 question

6. SP2 concerns

7. Oracle 7.1 and SQL*Net does anyone know

8. US-TX-Dallas -Oracle Developer/analyst Needed..Great Company

9. Anyone using Informix 7.1 with HP-UX 10.0 ?

10. Informix 7.1 Error 7.1

11. Move Oracle 7.1 on OpenVMS 6.1 to 7.1 VAX

12. RDBMS 7.1 on OpenVMS 7.1

13. 7.1 UC1 versus 7.1 UD1