dbmirror and failure/recovery modes

Post by Gregory S. Williamso » Sat, 09 Aug 2003 06:42:57

Dear peoples,

I'm setting up a database in postgres which will have light traffic writing to a few tables (and somewhat heavier traffic reading them). We'd like to mirror that databse using dbmirror to two others.

Let's assume that we're humming along and the master goes down. We switch traffic to read from one of the two slaves.

What happens if we feel a need to add information while the master is down ?  Reconfigure that former slave to be a master and then manually reconcile the former master when it is available, perhaps ?

I didn't see anything in the documentation or in the postgres site, so I apologize if I am issuing a faq.

Thanks,

Greg Williamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC

1. pgsql-server/contrib/dbmirror DBMirror.pl READ ...

CVSROOT:        /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server

Modified files:
        contrib/dbmirror: DBMirror.pl README.dbmirror pending.c

Log message:
        Change dbmirror lincense to BSD.

http://archives.postgresql.org

2. Text / XML Extenders .. Any pointers / gotchas not in documentation?

3. pgsql-server/contrib/dbmirror DBMirror.pl

4. Newbie trying to use ActiveX to read SQL Server 7.0

5. pgsql-server/contrib/dbmirror README.dbmirror

6. Urgent: Failed to start up Online 5.X

7. Initialization failure (automatic recovery failure)

8. US-PA: Philadelphia-Oracle DBA (Intermediate)

9. recovery mode

10. Sql 2000 simple recovery mode transaction log full

11. recovery mode

12. Database in recovery mode

13. Changing recovery modes...