Reviewed: max. no of relations in a database

Reviewed: max. no of relations in a database

Post by Richard Huxt » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 18:30:09

Quote:> The problem only occures with loads of data (just inserting dummy data to
> the tables didn't show the problem!). Second, the problem only occures if
> there are lots of long relation names. As I changed all the relation names
> to shorter and less descriptive ones, the problem magically disappeared.

Missed the discussion a couple of days ago, but you weren't exceeding the=
=20
31-char length for table-names etc?

Might be worth a quick check. If you need to change this there's a constant=
 in=20
a header file that needs to be changed and a recompile - see archive for=20
details.

- Richard Huxton

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

1. Reviewed: max. no of relations in a database

Hi again,

a couple of days ago we had the dicussion about my problem concerning the
maximum number of relations in a database and the naming problems of
relations disappearing. I wanted to provide a testcase, but to no
avail.

The problem only occures with loads of data (just inserting dummy data to
the tables didn't show the problem!). Second, the problem only occures if
there are lots of long relation names. As I changed all the relation names
to shorter and less descriptive ones, the problem magically disappeared.

However, I will keep an eye on that kind of problem and maybe I have a
testcase in the future, if the problem reoccures.

Thanks for all the helpful hints, not to forget!

Kind regards
... Ralph ...

2. Questions

3. max relations in a single database

4. TBLMNT v1.16 now available in the NAIUA Tool Archive

5. Relations, Relation,s Relations 2.6

6. Please HELP. I am very frustrated !

7. Max database size vs max data file size

8. Are selects defined in view faster than run-time selects?

9. Check out the Visual Cafe Pro Review, we also have other products and book reviews

10. Delphi Review...New Reviews Posted

11. Delphi Review - New Reviews Posted!

12. Relation database vs. object database

13. DE-WILMINGTON-82828--Informix-ORACLE-RDB-SQL-SYBASE-Relational Database-Database