What is the max var I can pass to Function ?

What is the max var I can pass to Function ?

Post by Ben-Nes Michae » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 01:19:31

demn me.

I mean how many variables i can pass to a function ?

Quote:> Hi All

Post by Neil Conw » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 03:50:51

> I mean how many variables i can pass to a function ?

By default, 32 in 7.3 and 16 in earlier versions. You can change this
limit by editing FUNC_MAX_ARGS in src/include/pg_config.h[.in],
re-compiling, and re-running initdb.

Cheers,

Neil

1. Pass var to function using (select...)

I have a function that works properly if I execute it like this:
    fn_Codes ( 1, 'a1 a2 a3')

what I'd really like to do is execute it like this:
    fn_Codes ( select id, code from import )

Is that possible?  I haven't been able to do it yet but it's worth asking...

Thanks, Andre

2. AZ$$$$Phoenix

3. Linux IDS 7.30 Error in /var/log/messages (kernel: dupfd: fd 1875, max 1024)

4. Apostrophe problem

5. way to find max var char field lengths of fields in SQL Server table

6. Updating tables with XML

7. setting mem var max

8. UDB Capture program on NT

9. UDF's Passing Table Var as param

10. Passing var as a database object name

11. SQL VAR PASSING HELP PLEASE

12. How to pass OUTPUT var from stored procedure to host variable

13. Passing in global Var from an ASP-Page and using them for a sql statement