are there plans for a threaded alternative to multiple

Post by The Hermit Hack » Mon, 30 Apr 2001 05:25:52

> I was wondering what the plans were for PostgreSQL to convert to the
> one process multithreaded approach, as Apache, Interbase and others
> are doing?

there has been talk about doing some threads actions inside of a
process, but, if I recall my read of Apache2, they are still doing
multi-process, with threading inside of each process ...

1. are there plans for a threaded alternative to multiple

That is exactly what we need for postgres.  In particular JDBC could use
the ability to have a new connection to a backed that doesn't require a
new backed to use cursors for scrollable resultsets so big selects don't
have to download everything before results can be used.  There are many
other reasons for having multiple connections to one backed process,
mainly to do with different transactions not screwing each other up.

2. Looking for Graham Bolton

3. are there plans for a threaded alternative to multiple daemons?

4. DTS problem...

5. Multiple Cascade Paths - What's the Alternative?

6. How can I send email using VFP5

7. Multiple Oracle Financials Opportunities - Dallas 10/18/99 10:13:29 AM

8. How can I add units to a field name?

9. Multiple Oracle Financials Opportunities - Dallas 10/22/99 9:39:41 AM

10. Multiple Oracle Financials Opportunities - Dallas 9/14/99 8:49:07 AM

11. Multiple Oracle Financials Opportunities - Dallas 9/1/99 11:04:25 AM

12. Multiple Oracle Financials Opportunities - Dallas 11/1/99 9:28:11 AM

13. Multiple threads Cause Connection Busy Error in the Driver