Two-fase-commit

Post by Wagner Sal » Fri, 15 Aug 2003 02:37:15

Hi!
I have a customer asking to me: is possible one app whit two-fase-commit
transactions using posgresql+informix?
Well, I was searched in the web and the postgresql web site, but I
wasn't found nothing about. I hope this is the correct list to post this
ask, and, of course, someone to help me ;).

thks

               http://archives.postgresql.org

Two-fase-commit

Post by Bruce Momji » Fri, 15 Aug 2003 03:36:01

No, I don't think that is possible.  We don't even have 2-phase commit
between PostgreSQL backends.

--
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us

  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Two-fase-commit

Post by AurĂ©lien DEH » Fri, 15 Aug 2003 03:41:25

> No, I don't think that is possible.  We don't even have 2-phase commit
> between PostgreSQL backends.

>> Hi!
>> I have a customer asking to me: is possible one app whit two-fase-commit
>> transactions using posgresql+informix?
>> Well, I was searched in the web and the postgresql web site, but I
>> wasn't found nothing about. I hope this is the correct list to post this
>> ask, and, of course, someone to help me ;).

It's surely possible, but as Postgres isn't a transactionnal monitor,
It could not handle 2-phase commit alone. With a TM like Tuxedo, you
(well, he) surely can do this.

[...]

--
Aurlien DEHAY         http://logicielslibres.info