Regression tests failing on abstime due to test date being

Post by Lincoln Ye » Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:12:24

From: expected/abstime.out

SELECT '' AS six, ABSTIME_TBL.*
   WHERE ABSTIME_TBL.f1 < abstime 'Jun 30, 2001';
 six |              f1
-----+------------------------------
     | Sun Jan 14 03:14:21 1973 PST
     | Mon May 01 00:30:30 1995 PDT
     | epoch
     | current
     | -infinity
     | Sat May 10 23:59:12 1947 PST
(6 rows)

---
In my system current is now after Jun 30 and so doesn't appear. If the test
passes it's actually a huge problem ;).

Is it necessary to pick dates so close in the "future" when setting up the
test? How about setting such dates to some date when the next version is
likely to be out :). Then at least if it fails it's a convenient time to
ask newbies to upgrade to 7.X or even 8.

It's just a very minor issue, but this has happened before - one release
had the testdate < Y2K.

Cheerio,
Link.

http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl

Regression tests failing on abstime due to test date being

Post by Bruce Momji » Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:52:42

We have fixed this in the current source and the fix will be in 7.2.  We
missed this until it was too late.

Quote:> From: expected/abstime.out

--
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us

  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  830 Blythe Avenue
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

1. regression test failure on abstime

Trying a new 7.1.2 installation when running gmake check I get a failure at the abstime test. The regression.diffs file contains the following:

*** ./expected/abstime.out      Thu May  3 15:00:37 2001
--- ./results/abstime.out       Fri Jul 20 11:12:54 2001
***************
*** 47,56 ****
       | Sun Jan 14 03:14:21 1973 PST
       | Mon May 01 00:30:30 1995 PDT
       | epoch
-      | current
       | -infinity
       | Sat May 10 23:59:12 1947 PST
! (6 rows)

  SELECT '' AS six, ABSTIME_TBL.*
     WHERE ABSTIME_TBL.f1 > abstime '-infinity';
--- 47,55 ----
       | Sun Jan 14 03:14:21 1973 PST
       | Mon May 01 00:30:30 1995 PDT
       | epoch
       | -infinity
       | Sat May 10 23:59:12 1947 PST
! (5 rows)

  SELECT '' AS six, ABSTIME_TBL.*
     WHERE ABSTIME_TBL.f1 > abstime '-infinity';

Hints what's wrong?

TIA,
thalis

2. SQL help needed!

3. TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST

4. Needing v6.15 for OS/2

5. Another regression test fails to stand the test of time

6. Help > Interbase > TCP > Delphi application

7. Failed regression tests with 7.0.3 on Windows NT 4.0

8. Wanted: Cognos Powerplay course notes

9. [SQL] Regression tests failed on 7.2rc2

10. Solaris/Sparc: Regression test fails

11. PostgreSQL regression test fails - why?

12. regression test failed

13. plpython fails its regression test