Please help me Sir !

Post by waheed rahm » Fri, 16 Nov 2001 05:34:05

Dear Sir
How are you i am doing well here hope you the same
from you.
How is life there ?.I am expecting some help from you
sir.
I have one local machine with postgresql and orion
,which is for development and another internet
connected machine with same postgresql and orion which
is serving my website.
Here in local machine and internet connected machine,
(which is serving my website) i have a database named
as mycompany.Now i will be entering data in local
database
in a particular table product.After that i have to
synchronize this local db with internet machine
db so that i will get both db with same data.
How i can do this please help me in this regard.
And please let me know how i can take backup for
particular table alone from a db and
how i can restore that data.
Expecting your reply.
Advance thankings for your reply.
Regards
waheed

http://personals.yahoo.com

Please help me Sir !

Post by Jason Ea » Fri, 16 Nov 2001 07:24:17

You need to take a look at the pg_dump command.  You should do even if
you aren't interested in mirroring your content because this is the
command that you use to make backups of your PostgreSQL databases.
The easiest way to move your table would be to make a backup of your
product table on your development machine and restore it on your
internet connected machine.

If you don't understand what I am talking about, feel free to ask more
specific questions.

Another method would be to simply create a script that selects every
product in your product table on your development machine and either
updates the same row on your production machine (if it exists) or
inserts the row on your production machine if it does not exist.  This
method has the added advantage of not requiring your product table to
be down for a bit.

Jason

> Dear Sir
> How are you i am doing well here hope you the same
> from you.
> How is life there ?.I am expecting some help from you
> sir.
> I have one local machine with postgresql and orion
> ,which is for development and another internet
> connected machine with same postgresql and orion which
> is serving my website.
> Here in local machine and internet connected machine,
> (which is serving my website) i have a database named
> as mycompany.Now i will be entering data in local
> database
> in a particular table product.After that i have to
> synchronize this local db with internet machine
> db so that i will get both db with same data.
> How i can do this please help me in this regard.
> And please let me know how i can take backup for
> particular table alone from a db and
> how i can restore that data.
> Expecting your reply.
> Advance thankings for your reply.
> Regards
> waheed

> http://personals.yahoo.com

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

1. Please Sir, More help sir....(with set relation)....

select a
use employee order ssn
Ok, here's the snippet...

select b
use absence

set relation to ssn into a
set skip to employee

scan
        replace vac_grant with a.vac_ent
endscan

close all

What I want this code to do is, scan thru the table in area b ssn by ssn;
when it finds a corresponding ssn in the table in area a, replace the field
called vac_grant in area b with the value in field vac_ent in area a.

This set relation stuff is real confusing, and I would GREATLY appreciate any
help with this one.

Thanx much, RH

2. !!!!HELP!!!! : Deployement with D2 and IDAPI

3. please acknowledge sir.

4. ABF compilation error

5. COMBO BOX, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP!

6. IN-ERP MANAGER - INDIANAPOLIS

7. APPROACH QUERY-PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

8. Weird behavior with FindFirst method ????

9. emergency please help me please please please

10. Please Help me, Please Help me

11. PLEASE HELP --- Informix SE and Uniface 6 --- PLEASE HELP

12. I need help in designing a school database Please Please help

13. Please, please, please help!!