Another notify question

Post by Tom La » Tue, 26 Mar 2002 16:49:50

> The discussion about implementation has lead me to the following question:
> What should I be sure that notify will do? Tom seems to think that delivery
> of a notification should not be guarenteed (if I understand what he is
> saying), which is fine with me.

Well, I definitely wasn't advocating that.  IMHO you should be
guaranteed the delivery of *some* notification, but possibly one
containing less information than what was sent.  Or you might get
a notification when in fact none was sent.  This should be okay
for ordinary uses of NOTIFY, as long as such cases are infrequent
(so that you don't waste many cycles checking for events that
didn't happen).

                        regards, tom lane

1. Notify question

Hi,

I'm writing in VB a client application which work(using ADO) on a table in a
SQLSERVER DB.

Now I'm looking for a solution to notify to every client connected to the
table that a change took place on the table (rows deleted, modified or
added).

Anyone has an idea how to implement this in a simple manner?

Thanks,
Renato

2. IMPORT Error IMP-00038: Character Set Handle Not Found

3. DBD::Pg and NOTIFY (was Re: [GENERAL] Synchronous LISTEN/NOTIFY?)

4. Logical Log Sizing

5. job failed notify

6. SQL databases (Oracle) vs PICK

7. Notify on insert

8. DMO - stored procedure return code

9. Notify When Agent Fails?

10. Create alert to notify when Database grows

11. notify critical errors

12. How can SQL notify client

13. Setting Alert to Notify Locks on DB