best way to make incremental back-ups?

Post by Mel Jamer » Wed, 19 Feb 2003 01:40:58

Hi!

What's the best way to make incremental back-ups?

Is there a tool (GUI or otherwise, open source perhaps) for this?

Red Hat Linux 7.2.  PostgreSQL 7.1

thanks,

Mel

best way to make incremental back-ups?

Post by Bruce Momji » Wed, 19 Feb 2003 04:14:09

Sorry, we will have point-in-time recovery in 7.4.  Right now, the only
solution is a async replication using something like /contrib/dbmirror
or /contrib/rserv.

> Hi!

> What's the best way to make incremental back-ups?

> Is there a tool (GUI or otherwise, open source perhaps) for this?

> Red Hat Linux 7.2.  PostgreSQL 7.1

> thanks,

> Mel

  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us

  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

Post by Lee Har » Wed, 19 Feb 2003 08:25:04

> Sorry, we will have point-in-time recovery in 7.4.  Right now, the only
> solution is a async replication using something like /contrib/dbmirror
> or /contrib/rserv.

>> Hi!

>> What's the best way to make incremental back-ups?

>> Is there a tool (GUI or otherwise, open source perhaps) for this?

>> Red Hat Linux 7.2.  PostgreSQL 7.1

This may be really dumb, but would it be possible to do something
with pg_dump and diff ?

Especially if you use those special flags to pg_dump which tell it
to dump out just the table definitions or just the data....