Building perl mods pg:PG or DBD:PG on non

Building perl mods pg:PG or DBD:PG on non

Post by wshel.. » Sun, 21 Apr 2002 06:39:27

You might try a binary that's already been compiled for Windows NT:
http://www.edmund-mergl.de/export/DBD-Pg.zip
It's a little old, but might work. I would assume it has the postgresql
libraries compiled into it.

Hope this helps,

Wes Sheldahl

cc:    (bcc: Wesley Sheldahl/Lex/Lexmark)
Subject:  [GENERAL] Building perl mods pg:PG or DBD:PG on non-PostgreSQLable
      machines

I recently asked about adding DBD:PG to Novell and got the reply that it should
be possible since novell supports DBI.

However, Since I cannot install / build PostgreSQL on a novell machine I do not
satisfy the requirments for building DMD:Pg.

How can I add either of the mentioned perl modules to a machine that does not
have the postgresql libraries?

I have the libraries built on a linux/x86 box. Can I just copy them to the
novell server( I 99.99999% sure the answer to this question is no)?

Thanks for your help!

Jeff Post

PostgreSQL support I would appreciate it!

http://archives.postgresql.org

Post by Doug McNaug » Sun, 21 Apr 2002 06:44:27

> You might try a binary that's already been compiled for Windows NT:
> http://www.edmund-mergl.de/export/DBD-Pg.zip
> It's a little old, but might work. I would assume it has the postgresql
> libraries compiled into it.

And how would that be useful on a NetWare server?  ;)

-Doug
--
Doug McNaught       Wireboard Industries      http://www.wireboard.com/

      Custom software development, systems and network consulting.
      Java PostgreSQL Enhydra Python Zope Perl Apache Linux BSD...

1. Building perl mods pg:PG or DBD:PG on non-PostgreSQLable machines

I recently asked about adding DBD:PG to Novell and got the reply that it should
be possible since novell supports DBI.

However, Since I cannot install / build PostgreSQL on a novell machine I do not
satisfy the requirments for building DMD:Pg.

How can I add either of the mentioned perl modules to a machine that does not
have the postgresql libraries?

I have the libraries built on a linux/x86 box. Can I just copy them to the
novell server( I 99.99999% sure the answer to this question is no)?

Thanks for your help!

Jeff Post

PostgreSQL support I would appreciate it!

http://archives.postgresql.org

2. Oracle: DECODE function <==> Informix: ???? function

3. DBD::Pg vs Pg.pm

4. Oracle DBA Consultants...

5. Multiple PG Installations with DBD::Pg?

6. OPAL "RestructureOperations" Constants ?

7. Installing DBD::Pg module without Pg Database server

8. seeking info on btreive, ctree, and dbvista

9. Perl DBD::Pg problem

10. Perl & DBI/DBD::Pg confusion with finish