7.2, JDBC, and case sensitive names

Post by Barry Li » Mon, 11 Feb 2002 13:51:29

Robert,

Can you give an example or test case?  I certainly am not seeing the
behavior you are describing on my 7.2 databases.

thanks,
--Barry

> I upgraded from 7.1 to 7.2 and now my java application is failing
> because unquoted table names now seem to be case sensitive. Is this
> a change in PostreSQL behavior or a change in the JDBC driver? Why
> was it done?

http://archives.postgresql.org

1. Case Sensitive and not so Case Sensitive

Hello all,

In SQL
Select * from users where login like 'asm'
returns records like ASM, asm, Asm etc.

I was wondering if there is any way to make Oracle return similar result set
without having to modify the existing queries.  I mean to ask if there is a
default setting or something which is responsible for this case sensitive
search ... and is there a way to change it ?

Thanks in advance

2. Oracle Application

3. Case Sensitive Join on non case-sensitive sql server

4. Printing problem

5. Disable case sensitive table/field name

6. Auto number vs manual primary key??

7. Case sensitive table/column names in Oracle

8. start_change_tracking and WRITETEXT

9. Case sensitive file names

10. In ASE, are table, field names case sensitive?

11. Q. How to change return column name to case sensitive

12. Column name case sensitive using Turkish client

13. Case sensitive object names causing problem - VB6 - ADO - SQL server