1. newbie, please, please help!!
We have an Ecommerce site where clients will be submitting their data
to our database in different formats, either ACCESS or TEXT, which can
be comman, tab or space delimited.
I need to find a SQL statement that will create a SQL table, import
ACCESS & TEXT data, transform it into the prescribed SQL table format
and populate the table.
Following is the Statement I have that will do this when I know that
the TEXT file is comma delimited and the data is already in the column
order. However, I need to create a statement that will include a
variable and be prepared to handle data sent that is not already in
column order. In the future, I will have to convert this to allow for
variable file names.
I would appreciate any help.
1) SQL STATEMENT:
CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[Transform_Text] AS
CREATE TABLE Ecommerce.dbo.TransformContacts_tbl
email varchar(50) NULL,
contact_id int NULL,
fname varchar(50) NULL,
lname varchar(50) NULL,
group_id int NULL,
BULK INSERT Ecommerce..TransformContacts_tbl
FIELDTERMINATOR = ',',
ROWTERMINATOR = '\n'
2). SAMPLE DATA "TEXT_CONTACTS.txt"
2. DBEngineError - Key Violaton
3. Newbie, please, please help
4. OH-DAYTON-69639--ORACLE-DBA Skills-Web Development-Webserver-Customer Support-Oracle DBA, Web Developer/Server
5. Newbie, please, please help!!
6. Importing to new datamodel
7. Error 909
8. Newbie Needs Help Please Please
9. newbie import/export basic problem, please help please
10. COMBO BOX, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP!
11. Newbie needing help badly!! Please help
12. APPROACH QUERY-PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP