forking a server process in backend/main/main.c

forking a server process in backend/main/main.c

Post by Jenny » Sun, 04 May 2003 07:31:16

Does anyone know whether it's a good idea to put code in backend/main/main.c
that forks a server process (which continually sends data<-- resulting from
a call to GetLockStatusData())
to a client?

GetLockStatusData() function exists in src/backend/storage/lmgr/Lock.c.

If NOT a good idea to do so, where should I put the code?

Thanks,
Jen

1. forking child processes in src/backend/main/main.c

HI,
In our project, we have unix socket networking going on and the Postgresql
code is the server in this process. We would want the postgresql database to
run as usual while it is transferring data (as a server) to another program
(the client, in our case, a GUI). Therefore, we would want to fork another
process that acts as the server.
Would anyone kindly suggest where would be the best place for us to call
fork() in this case?
Would this src/backend/main/main.c be a good place to put the fork() and
server code?
If yes, in which part in particular, or does it matter?
If not, in which file would it be better to put it?
Thank you,
Sumaira

2. How to select first record from a grouping - equivalent to First() in Access

3. Putting code in main of src/backend/main/main.c

4. !US - San Diego, CA - Sr. Oracle DBA

5. pgsql-server/src/backend/main main.c

6. Create database with DDL and SQL script

7. pgsql/src/backend/main (main.c)

8. patch for src/backend/main/main.c

9. patch for src/backend/main/main.ch

10. pgsql/src/backend/main main.c