Relation between DROP TABLE and DROP INDEX

Relation between DROP TABLE and DROP INDEX

Post by Mala Selvara » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 23:11:26

Hi, I've a question. When I DROP a TABLE in postgresql and CREATE TABLE
again, do I have to DROP the INDEX related to its key and re CREATE INDEX as
well?? Pls enlighten.

rgds
Mala

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Relation between DROP TABLE and DROP INDEX

Post by <mal.. » Sun, 06 Oct 2002 01:43:18

NO it is not so.
it happens automatically.

regds
rajesh.

Quote:

> Hi, I've a question. When I DROP a TABLE in postgresql and CREATE TABLE  again, do I have to
> DROP the INDEX related to its key and re CREATE INDEX as  well?? Pls enlighten.

> rgds
> Mala

   "India's Leading B2B eMarketplace.!"
http://www.trade-india.com/

1. Problems dropping indexes when dropping tables

Hi,

I have tried to drop a table which executes fine, but on recreating the
table (obviously slightly differently) I've found that it doesn't always
successfully drop the indexes.  The message I am getting at he moment is
as follows:

Table Corrupt: Object does not match between extent in allocation page
and Sysindexes; check the following extent: alloc pg#29184 extent#29280
object id on extent=0 (object name = 0) object id in Sysindexes;
1465108310 (object name=adr)

has anybody ever had this error?  And even if not, does anybody know
what it's asking me to do?

I would be grateful for nay help as I am at a complete loss

Thanks

Jane

2. Oracle 9i on Mandrake 8.0

3. Drop table versus truncate and drop index

4. 1 indead of <NULL>

5. Scripting DROP Table *and* DROP (related) Foreign Keys...

6. Data Transfer Issue

7. drop table failed to drop associated sequence

8. ODBC/CAE DOS/& DB2 MVS Help Needed!

9. drop index or export table

10. DROP table - keep indexes?

11. Can't drop Index on empty table - ORA-02429

12. dropping all table indexes for large insert