postmaster hangs up - no log entry

Post by Együd Csa » Sat, 09 Aug 2003 16:47:43

Hi All,
could anybody suggest me something in connection with the following problem?
The posmaster process (7.3.2 on an RH7.1 box) hangs up during some
operation. There is no log entry which could indicate the reason of the
error. Just stops working.

Where should I start it? Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
-- Csaba

---

               http://archives.postgresql.org

1. Postgres/Postmaster logging and log rotation

Be sure to stop postgres, rotate your log (or move it out of the /var/log
directory and then rotate it), and restart postgresql.  That will solve your
problem.  Hopefully you don't need a 24x7 available database as this might take
a few seconds for your server to complete.

Rodney Hampton
veritime.com
248-528-9766

----Your analogies DO NOT need to work as long as your code DOES.

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

2. Oracle/Sybase developers

3. SQL Server 7 SP3 Profiler Patch error!

4. Calendar Pop-Ups for Date Entry

5. mysterious record disapearance! what is up?

6. Sybase 11.5.1 and NT hang-ups

7. Check existing of a table

8. Linked server hang-ups

9. FMP Server 3.0 hang ups

10. Strange hang-ups with PB5.0, Oracle 7.3, Netware 4.1 and WFW 311

11. Application hang-ups in Windows ME

12. Hang ups in multi form applications