Where can I find the ODS ODBC Gateway driver odsgate.dll and odsgat32.dll ?

Where can I find the ODS ODBC Gateway driver odsgate.dll and odsgat32.dll ?

Post by Emil » Fri, 17 Oct 1997 04:00:00

 You can go to microsof.com/msdn to SQL Server section. From there you can
download the SQL Server Programmers Toolkit. It is almost 2MB of samples and
libraries. When you unzip the file you will get the dlls you are after.

Quote:>Thank you very much.

>Alexandre Braganca.

1. ntwdblib.dll vs sqlsrv32.dll (native driver vs ODBC driver)

It seems to me that the current ntwdblib.dll with MS SQL Server 7 CD
(beta 3) is not compatiable with MS SQL Server 7.  If a table has nchar,
nvarchar, or ntext data type field, the application used the
ntwdblib.dll will not work properly.  For example, the following simple
statemet cannot be executed successfully:

Select * from TableWithNTextField

However, an application used Sqlsrv32.dll will work fine.

In the past, isqlw.exe used ntwdblib.dll but the new isqlw.exe (with MS
SQL Server 7 beta 3 CD) uses sqlsrv32.dll.  What is the reason for the
change?  I cannot find the type definitions of nvarchar, nchar and ntext
in the new sqlfront.h, which defines the types of varchar, char and
ntext.  When I used the dbcolinfo to get the data type info for nchar
field, the reture value is 0x2f, which is just char data type.  So,
ntwdblib.dll is either not upgraded or cannot support the new MS SQL
Server anymore.

Can any one shed some light one my problem?  Thanks in advance.

Tao Lin

2. *** Top Urgent ! - DDE Delphi / ReportSmith - Kurt Elmiger ***

3. ODS Gateway Resource DLL customizing

4. PrcC Books

5. Installing the ODS Gateway ODBC driver

6. How I can Sql Server Accessing

7. Migrating 16-bit ODBC DLL (SQLServer) to 32-bit ODBC DLL (MS Access)

8. Teaching Foxpro(Mac)

9. dll opends60.dll not found

10. Help - ODBC Can't find ODBC.DLL

11. Ingres ODBC: [Microsoft][ODBC DLL] Driver specified...

12. DB2 7.2 DLL Load / Unload of DB2SYSP.DLL AND DB2KBC.DLL