SQL7 # of columns restriction?

Post by Venom60 » Wed, 15 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Is there a limit to the number of columns in a table that can be replicated b/t
two SQL 7.0 servers?  I get an error (20068 - The article connot be created on
table '%s' because it has more than '%d columns.) when I try to set up an
article for publication on a table with 313 fields.  If there is a limit, what
is the best way to get the table replicated?  Could I use two or more articles
vertically partitioned feeding the same table on the subscriber?  Thanks

Charles Sanders

SQL7 # of columns restriction?

Post by JOSELUI » Sat, 25 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Waht i think , will be better if you normalize the desing of you table, 313
column are uge, so maybe is better if you make or create tow or  more tables
to save thata information

Quote:> Is there a limit to the number of columns in a table that can be
replicated b/t
> two SQL 7.0 servers?  I get an error (20068 - The article connot be
created on
> table '%s' because it has more than '%d columns.) when I try to set up an
> article for publication on a table with 313 fields.  If there is a limit,
what
> is the best way to get the table replicated?  Could I use two or more
articles
> vertically partitioned feeding the same table on the subscriber?  Thanks

> Charles Sanders

1. db size restriction in SQL7

I dont know if this question makes sense or not but here goes ...

I am trying to build a demo copy of our application which runs on SQL7.  I
want to restrict the size of my SQL database to let's say 4 MB just for demo
purposes and at the same time restrict access to the database via
password/encryption or what not.  I also dont want the sa gain access the
database.  I wan't a specific login (say, demo) to have all the rights to
the database and no one else.  Does it make sense?  I am not sure if I am
getting my question across but if you get the general idea, please help!

TIA,

Antonette

2. LDIF-file-import to Excel and prepare data for VBA-ADSI-Export

3. T-SQL Column Name Restrictions?

4. Referential Integrity in Delphi

5. Restriction on some column values in some rows

6. Using sp_makestartup

7. Triggers, Mutating Tables & Column Restrictions

8. Recursive Programming

9. NOT NULL restriction and CHECK constraint on same column in 7.3.4

10. Column restriction

11. DELETE and COLUMN SAME TABLE REFERENCE restriction

12. Change column restrictions.....

13. T-SQL Column Name Restrictions?