BUG: Opening a Long-Running View from SQL Server Enterprise Manager Gets ODBC Timeout

BUG: Opening a Long-Running View from SQL Server Enterprise Manager Gets ODBC Timeout

Post by Mark » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Re : Article ID: Q247070 from microsoft.com support.

Opening a view that executes a long running query in the SQL Server 7.0
Enterprise Manager (SEM) will get an ODBC Timeout error.

CAUSE
The SEM's default for QueryTimeout is 30 seconds, and the timeout value is
not configurable.

Hi,

Has microsoft fixed this in SP2?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

BUG: Opening a Long-Running View from SQL Server Enterprise Manager Gets ODBC Timeout

Post by Jeremy Pullicin » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00

What could be done in this case???

Quote:> Re : Article ID: Q247070 from microsoft.com support.

> Opening a view that executes a long running query in the SQL Server 7.0
> Enterprise Manager (SEM) will get an ODBC Timeout error.

> CAUSE
> The SEM's default for QueryTimeout is 30 seconds, and the timeout value is
> not configurable.

> Hi,

> Has microsoft fixed this in SP2?

> Thanks in advance.

> Mark

1. PBM: SQL Svr 7 Enterprise Manager truncates long views when opened Creation mode

Hi,

Double clicking on a view opens it in a property page that shows the CREATE
VIEW code. Opening a long view in Creation mode deletes a large portion of
the SQL statement. For instance we have a long that aliases SELECTed fields
and has LEFT/RIGHT JOIN clauses. If we open it in creation mode the first
1/3rd (approximately) of the view code appears and is appended with a
portion of JOIN clauses.

It looks random and we have not found the pattern yet. Has anyone
experienced this?

Thanks.

Vince C.

2. Looking for 32-bit ODBC driver?

3. SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager- Design View bug?

4. TX Control - active x controls

5. SQL 6.5 Enterprise Manager refuses to run on SQL 7.0 Server

6. About this reverse engineer stuff...

7. Failed to view a table or view from SQL7 Server Enterprise Manager

8. Receiving output parameters

9. Enterprise Manager Insert Via View Bug

10. Bug in SQL-Server Or Enterprise Manager.

11. Possible bug in Enterprise Manager for SQL Server 2000

12. SQL Server 7 Enterprise Manager BUG ???

13. SQL Server Enterprise Manager - opening to a specific database