SQL Server 2000 Eval Edition Download - CD Key?

SQL Server 2000 Eval Edition Download - CD Key?

Post by Shane Sest » Sun, 22 Jul 2001 03:36:38

I downloaded the 120-day Eval edition of SQL Server 2000,
because I am thinking of recommending it to my customers.
I attempted to install it on one of my boxes which met the
requirements, and it prompted me for a CD Key.  Since I did
not request the software on CD, I do not have one, and I
can't find one distributed anywhere with my downloaded eval
package.
Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!
-Shane

SQL Server 2000 Eval Edition Download - CD Key?

Post by Brian Mora » Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:57:56

Not 100% sure, but I believe the KEY is listed in the readme.txt....

--
Brian Moran
SQL Server MVP

Quote:> I downloaded the 120-day Eval edition of SQL Server 2000,
> because I am thinking of recommending it to my customers.
> I attempted to install it on one of my boxes which met the
> requirements, and it prompted me for a CD Key.  Since I did
> not request the software on CD, I do not have one, and I
> can't find one distributed anywhere with my downloaded eval
> package.
> Am I missing something obvious?

> Thanks!
> -Shane

SQL Server 2000 Eval Edition Download - CD Key?

Post by Shane Sest » Tue, 24 Jul 2001 22:36:51

As it turns out, the eval edition prompts you for a key if
you attempt a remote install, even though the
documentation indicates that you can do a remote 6.5
upgrade as long as your 6.5 install is SP3+.
The local install must be SP5a, and when I created a local
machine install compliant to 5a, the 2000 eval install did
not prompt me for a CD Key at all.
Just posting as an FYI.