DTS Custom task in C# and threading model of DTS C# custom tasks

DTS Custom task in C# and threading model of DTS C# custom tasks

Post by Samant » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:39:28

Can you please point me to some good sites on C# DTS custom task
examples and also does the C# custom task overcome the apartment
threading model of the VB custom task.

Any good tutorials on building the DTS C# custom task.

Thanks
Samantha

Post by Darren Gree » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:55:51

http://www.sqldev.net

--
Darren Green
http://www.sqldts.com

Quote:> Can you please point me to some good sites on C# DTS custom task
> examples and also does the C# custom task overcome the apartment
> threading model of the VB custom task.

> Any good tutorials on building the DTS C# custom task.

> Thanks
> Samantha

DTS Custom task in C# and threading model of DTS C# custom tasks

Post by Gert E.R. Draper » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 01:37:28

See http://sqldev.net/events.htm there is a presentation and samples about
"71 - DTS Custom Tasks with C#"

http://sqldev.net/download/conf/SQLLiveSept2002/71GertDrapers_slides.zip
http://sqldev.net/download/conf/SQLLiveSept2002/71GertDrapers_demo.zip

See also http://sqldev.net/dts.htm

Yes, using .NET to create will get ride of the STA limitations of VB5/6 for
creating Custom Tasks.

Please reply only to the newsgroups.
You assume all risk for your use.
Copyright ? SQLDev.Net 1991-2003 All rights reserved.

Quote:> Can you please point me to some good sites on C# DTS custom task
> examples and also does the C# custom task overcome the apartment
> threading model of the VB custom task.

> Any good tutorials on building the DTS C# custom task.

> Thanks
> Samantha

1. DTS Custom Task in C#

I made an CustomTask in C# and its working so far with on exception - the
propertys i have defined (Name, Description, ...) cannot be changed in the
DTS Designer. Anyone suceeded in doing this - or at least any idea why this
doesnt work (the Execute method is called correctly!)

public void Execute(object pPackage, object pPackageEvents, object
pPackageLog, ref DTSTaskExecResult pTaskResult)

{

public string Description

{

    get {return taskDescription;}

    set {taskDescription = value;}

Rainer Worbis

DELPHI Software West GmbH
Ein Unternehmen der DELPHI Firmengruppe
A-4060 Leonding, Meixnerstr. 8, www.delphi.at

Tel: +43 (0)70 673559 DW 18 Fax: +43 (0)70 673559 DW 20
Mobil: +43 (0)676 849569 15

2. sp3 merge error: Failed to enumerate changes in the filtered articles fix - Thanks Microsoft

3. Invalid Number of Paramters from C# Custom Task

4. Connecting ACCESS to MSQL

5. Calling a DTS standard task/custom task from a T-SQL Stored procedure

6. Hashing two tables for a join to BIG TABLE?

7. Error Assigning Task object to Custom Task object while calling DTS APIs in VB.NET

8. Informix/Perm

9. Using a Dynamic Properties Task to set a Custom Task in DTS

10. DTS VB6 custom task and threading

11. Register DTS custom task without DTS Designer

12. Custom DTS pack. in C# with DSO