Full-text searching (Microsoft Search service) goes nuts

Full-text searching (Microsoft Search service) goes nuts

Post by Aaron Patterso » Tue, 20 Jul 1999 04:00:00

So, I've installed the SQL 7 full-text searching service (Microsoft Search),
and tried to build a catalog.
It goes nuts.
Every minute or so, I get the following two errors in my event log:

[Type: Failure audit]
Master merge cannot be started on
f:\mssql7\ftdata\sql0000700005\build\indexer\cifiles\ due to error
3221225488.

[Information]
Master merge was started on
f:\mssql7\ftdata\sql0000700005\build\indexer\cifiles\ because more than
40000 documents have changed since the last master merge.

Both are from the source MssCi.

Running Windows 2000 Server with SQL Server 7.0 SP1.  Attempting to index a
table of around 340,000 records with an indexed 8-character unique
identifier field.

Thanks
    Aaron

[...]

Post by Jason W. Taylo » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I've had no problems getting it to setup properly with NT4.0 sp4. Maybe
because you are running win2000 beta?

Jason W. Taylor

1. Microsoft Service and Full text search

I've installed Microsoft BackOffice with custom installation option.
I've choose to install only Microsoft SQL Server 7 with all options checked.
Now I want to perform a full text indexing on my table but the menu voice
under tools menu on the management console is grayed and I can't enable it.
I've found some infos on internet that explain that the problem is that I
must check the Indexing service under the Sql Server 7 setup.
The flag is checked but I can't found the Microsoft Service and the voice
menu is always grayed...

Maybe the problem is that i've upgraded sql from 6.5 to 7.0????

My machine is a P2 with 10 Gb HDD and 128 Main memory

-Windows NT 4 server
-IIS 4
-Site Server Commerce Edition 3
-SQL server 7

Thanks to everyone can help me...

2. Video risolution

3. Full text catalog: Processing data in custom format with Microsoft Search Service for SQL Server

4. Sybase 10.0.2 / ODBC

5. Help!! Full Text Indexing and Microsoft Search Service

6. Development Site to Customer Site

7. Searching Word Documents with Full Text Searching

8. Query Analyser is unsfafe by default?

9. Full-Text Search - Searching HTML

10. Boolean search using Full Text search

11. OLE DB error when trying to use Microsoft Full Text Search

12. SQL 7.0 Full Text Indexing (Microsoft Search Failure)

13. I can not find Full-Text Searching Service !!!