create relationship using Diagram remotely

create relationship using Diagram remotely

Post by Nina Yom » Fri, 08 Sep 2000 09:21:19

Hi there,

I tried to add relationships to an existing Diagram remotely but couldn't do
it (When I selected the primary key from a referenced table and dragged it
over to a referencing table, nothing happened).  I was able to do it locally
on the SQL server, however.  I don't know what else should I do to be able
to do this.  Any ideas would be appreciated,

Thanks,
Nina

create relationship using Diagram remotely

Post by Carlos Eduardo Roja » Fri, 08 Sep 2000 10:54:25

Do you have service pack 2 installed in the client machine ??
--
Hope this helps,
--------------------------------------

Quote:

> Hi there,

> I tried to add relationships to an existing Diagram remotely but couldn't
do
> it (When I selected the primary key from a referenced table and dragged it
> over to a referencing table, nothing happened).  I was able to do it
locally
> on the SQL server, however.  I don't know what else should I do to be able
> to do this.  Any ideas would be appreciated,

> Thanks,
> Nina

1. Relationships using relationships?

Greetings,

        Id like to build upon information generated in a relationship with
another file, rather than extracting data directly from the related
file.  Ive been unable to figure this out, short of exporting the
joined information into a new file.

        The problem is like this:  I relate files B to A and C to B, so far, so
good.  Now Id like to relate C to A, utilizing the existing
relationships of C to B and B to A (i.e. the connection of C to A is
indirect).  Intuitively, this seems like a logical "sequential
relationship."  Can someone suggest a way to do this using FMPv4?

        The only other solution Ive come up with is to export records to a new
file (call it D) containing the related information from files A and B,
and then relate C to D.  My apologies if Ive missed this in the
documentation I have available.  Thanks in advance.
DaveH

2. free-text searching for 'C++' - pluses special?

3. Entity Relationship Diagram help

4. Cannot Load 16-bit API Interface

5. Relationships disappear in diagrams

6. Arithmetic Over Flow ????

7. Relationship Diagrams

8. Customer record IO -class, dll, or straight code?

9. Print Relationship Diagram

10. ER Diagrams (Entity Relationship)

11. visual relationship diagram

12. How to implement Inheritance relationship in SQL Server Diagram

13. Relationship Diagram