SQL server lock ups

Post by Dolores Hard » Tue, 02 Jun 1998 04:00:00

We've recently implemented SQL server, but we're having problems with the
server locking up & recently a stored procedure that sucks up all of the
resources in SQL.  Is there anything that we should look at to stop this?

SQL server lock ups

Post by Bob Pfeif » Wed, 03 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Did you adjust the memory configuration for and size of tempdb from the
defaults after you installed it?  What kind of errors do you get?

--
Bob Pfeiff, MCSD
Spectrum Technology Group, Inc.

1. Problem with Sybase and PowerBuilder (Lock-ups!)

We have an interesting problem on our Sybase server running on a Sparc
Server 2000 which is now becoming a "pain in the a##"!

It seems that the syslog table is growing too large because some of our
users are forgetting to log-off the system. (We belive that it is due to
the users not logging off, but something may be going on.)
We are using PowerBuilder 3
under Windows 3.1 and Novell's LanWorkplace to connect to the Sybase
server. The only solution that anyone has offered is to increase the
partition size of the syslog table. It is currently about 300Mb and I
can't understand or justify another 1Gb hard drive for the sun just to
handle the syslog.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

--Dewayne

Dewayne Adams                                     (510) 734-4373      voice
Advanced Technology Guru                          (510) 734-4814      fax

5964 West Las Positas Blvd.
Mail Stop J2-2E
Pleasanton, CA 94588

2. Recordset Open and MoveNext

3. System lock-ups

4. SQL_STILL_EXECUTING AND AFX_SQL_ASYNC

5. P4W 5.0: Keyboard/Mouse Partial Lock-ups

6. AS2K Processing Performance

7. Printing lock ups

8. How to check the status of Drive A:

9. Multiple query lock-ups

10. MS SQL6.5 Lock ups

11. 4.5 & Novell lock-ups

12. Paradox 4.5 Dos - Multi User Lock ups

13. Version 6.5 lock ups...........