Naming Conventions and Standards

Post by Kimberly-Clark Corporatio » Tue, 03 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Anyone have a good link or document on naming standards and conventions for
SQL Server?

Thanks,

John Reynders

Naming Conventions and Standards

Post by Brian and Michell » Wed, 04 Mar 1998 04:00:00

What I use are self explanitory names. for instance if i created an
accounting DB. My naming conventions are

Accounting_Data    for data device
Accounting_Log      for log device
Accounting             data base name
sales                      table name
pk_'column name'    primary key
fk_'column name'     foriegn key

you get the idea!
if you need an example check out the pubs database that is created with SQL
Server.  I hope this is what you were refering to?

Brian Smith

>Anyone have a good link or document on naming standards and conventions for
>SQL Server?

>Thanks,

>John Reynders

Naming Conventions and Standards

Post by Kimberly-Clark Corporatio » Thu, 05 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Thanks,

Thats a start, but I was more wondering about stored procedures, views,
triggers, rules, defaults and constraints.

For instance on triggers would tr_tablename or tablename_tr be better?