ASP problems with linked SQL tables in an Access mdb

ASP problems with linked SQL tables in an Access mdb

Post by jesusfrea » Wed, 12 Feb 2003 04:59:31

I am running into the same problem and would like to know how to get it
to run correctly. I am using SQL Server 2000 sp3. The mdac version on
the web server is 2.7 I am linking one table from sql server into an
Access 2000 Database. There is a query that joins the data from the sql
server table onto some jet tables. Everything runs correctly from within
Access. Only when I try and select * from my access query do I get the

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--connection to
'MyDSN' failed.

I have searched numerous forums and have found this to be a re-occuring
issue but never an answer.

Any help would be appreciated

1. ASP problems with linked SQL tables in an Access mdb

Hi,
As ASP code runs from IIS Server, check if the connection string
"[ODBC;DRIVER=SQL
Server;SERVER=10.1.1.20;uid=myusr;pwd=mypass;database=mydb]" is valid if
running from the IIS Server.  For example, will .vbs succeed when running
from the IIS server?

Regards,
Yan
***This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no
rights.*****

2. Beginners Q: where is my case-sens

3. Replication between domains

4. Linking Access Tables in Different *.mdb Files, Populating an Access Table From Several Others

5. Cross-database foreign key references

6. Strange ODBC errors using DAO to access linked tables in Access .MDB

7. Insert xml data into a table

8. ASP Access Query of a linked SQL Server Table

9. ASP ADO Error - ODBC Connection Failed - Using SQL Server Linked Tables In Access

10. problem linking SQL 2000 TABLES TO ACCESS TABLES

11. times problem between asp+access mdb

12. time problem between asp+access mdb