odbc error i've never seen

Post by Andrew Decke » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

If I submit a form (asp page) without inputting anything I get this error:

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Device '(vdn 0xa not found)'
(with physical name '', and virtual device number 10)
is not available. Please contact System Administrator for assistance.

There is a check box on the form preselected.   The inputs on the screen are
used in the next asp page to build a query.  The query runs if I enter a
string into one of the other inputs, but gives me the error if I leave
everything blank except for the selected checkbox.

1. An Error I've Never Seen Before

I have just migrated a (formerly) functional ASP/SQL web application from
one server to another.

This is the error which occurs when the app attempts to write to the
database:

ADODB.Command error '800a0e7d'

Requested operation requires an OLE DB Session object, which is not
supported by the current provider.

Has anyone heard of this one?

Thanks,
Sam

2. Delphi / Oracle Performance Problems

3. One of the most cryptic errors I've seen

4. system crash - what will be with the data

5. You've seen it. Here it is

6. Query Tool

7. I've never seen W4GL code !

8. Info on IDC connections from IIS.

9. You've seen this before...AAARRGH!

10. Odbc error following 'odbc components error'

11. I've faced an abnormal error message.

12. Please I've error

13. Problem with Error 3027 (long - I've included a lot of code)