SQL Server CE - eVB - image-datafield

Post by Volker Warbend » Fri, 04 May 2001 17:23:03

Hallo,

I need some help.

I have written a small application with eVB to work against a SQLServer CE
database. Retriving the data works well. But updating misses when using
image-datafields . Whats wrong?

    gsIDDoc = "6787655434987"
    gsSQL = "update  AUFTRAGSSTAND set BEMERKUNG =  '" & mlText & "' " & _
              "where  AUFTRAGSSTAND.ID_DOK = '" & CStr(gsIDDoc) & "'"
    goADOcn.Execute (gsSQL)

Errortext: An error was encountered while running this program:
The command contained on or more errors

Volker

SQL Server CE - eVB - image-datafield

Post by Alex » Fri, 04 May 2001 18:01:42

is ID_DOK a string? of not, that could be a possible error

Quote:> Hallo,

> I need some help.

> I have written a small application with eVB to work against a SQLServer CE
> database. Retriving the data works well. But updating misses when using
> image-datafields . Whats wrong?

>     gsIDDoc = "6787655434987"
>     gsSQL = "update  AUFTRAGSSTAND set BEMERKUNG =  '" & mlText & "' " & _
>               "where  AUFTRAGSSTAND.ID_DOK = '" & CStr(gsIDDoc) & "'"
>     goADOcn.Execute (gsSQL)

> Errortext: An error was encountered while running this program:
> The command contained on or more errors

> Volker

SQL Server CE - eVB - image-datafield

Post by Volker Warbend » Fri, 04 May 2001 18:27:02

Hi,

yes ID_DOK is a string

Volker

> is ID_DOK a string? of not, that could be a possible error

> > Hallo,

> > I need some help.

> > I have written a small application with eVB to work against a SQLServer
CE
> > database. Retriving the data works well. But updating misses when using
> > image-datafields . Whats wrong?

> >     gsIDDoc = "6787655434987"
> >     gsSQL = "update  AUFTRAGSSTAND set BEMERKUNG =  '" & mlText & "' " &
_
> >               "where  AUFTRAGSSTAND.ID_DOK = '" & CStr(gsIDDoc) & "'"
> >     goADOcn.Execute (gsSQL)

> > Errortext: An error was encountered while running this program:
> > The command contained on or more errors

> > Volker

SQL Server CE - eVB - image-datafield

Post by Mike » Fri, 04 May 2001 23:06:32

You stated that you were updating an image-datafield.  IS BEMERKUNG an image-datafield?  What is contained in mlText?

In a FAQ for SQL 2000 CE addition the question of:

How do I store images on the SQL Server 2000 CE Database is answered:

...look at GetChunk and AppendChunk on the recordset Objects in ADOCE.  You can use an array of bytes inside the variant through ADOCE C++.  You need to make sure you are using an updateable cursor.  It must be a base table cursor so that the AddNew function call works correctly.

There is a microsoft.public.sqlserver.ce newsgroup that might better answer your question with actual experience.

> Hallo,

> I need some help.

> I have written a small application with eVB to work against a SQLServer CE
> database. Retriving the data works well. But updating misses when using
> image-datafields . Whats wrong?

>     gsIDDoc = "6787655434987"
>     gsSQL = "update  AUFTRAGSSTAND set BEMERKUNG =  '" & mlText & "' " & _
>               "where  AUFTRAGSSTAND.ID_DOK = '" & CStr(gsIDDoc) & "'"
>     goADOcn.Execute (gsSQL)

> Errortext: An error was encountered while running this program:
> The command contained on or more errors

> Volker

1. Updating image-datafields - eVB

Hallo,

I need some help.

I have written a small application with eVB to work against a SQLServer CE
database. Retriving the data works well. But updating misses when updating
image-datafields . Whats wrong?

    gsIDDoc = "6787655434987"
    gsSQL = "update  AUFTRAGSSTAND set BEMERKUNG =  '" & mlText & "' " & _
              "where  AUFTRAGSSTAND.ID_DOK = '" & CStr(gsIDDoc) & "'"
    goADOcn.Execute (gsSQL)

Errortext: An error was encountered while running this program:
The command contained on or more errors

Best regards

Volker

2. Controlling the SQL in Delphi3

3. Reccomendations on SQL Server CE, eVB development....

4. VA-Northern VA-103680--Web Development-HTML-ORACLE-PL/SQL-Web Developer, JOHNSTON MCLAMB

5. deVBuzz.com tutorial - eVB and ADOXCE with SQL Server for CE

6. For XML Explicit, Recursive Data, and populating datasets or xmlDocuments in .net

7. new deVBuzz.com article - eVB and SQL Server 200 CE

8. Help for an eVB application with Sql Server CE

9. SQL SERVER CE Image Data to SQL Server

10. How to get an GIF file into an ODBC-SQL Server Image datafield (BLOB)

11. Create a Binary File in eVB From a BLOB SQL CE Column