Linked Server Error

Post by Gino Laudan » Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:31:27

I got following error when i tried to run a procedure which has a
distributed tran in it:

The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB'
does not support distributed transactions. [OLE/DB provider returned
message: Distributed transaction error]

both my local and linked server has DTC service running, sql7 with sp3

any idea why it still give me this error? Thanks!

--silvano

1. Error Accessing ODBC Linked Server - Error 7356

I am getting the following error when I access a linked server through a
simple SELECT statement....

Server: Msg 7356, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' supplied inconsistent metadata for a column.
Metadata information was changed at execution time.

I am using Microsoft "OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers" for my connection to
the server. The ODBC source is a HP3000/Image database.

I looked up the following error on the Microsoft support site but it does
not appear to be the problem I am experiencing since I am not using
views.....

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q255/0/97.ASP?LN=EN-...
n&FR=0

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Brian Johnson

2. US-VA-DATABASE ANALYST / ADMINISTRATOR ISSA / ORACLE

3. Linked Server Error Message 7357 (SQL Server->MySQL)

4. Proxy table and <seq> scans

5. SQL Server - Sybase linked server - Error 7399

6. PC Filemaker Pro v3 file to Mac Filemaker Pro 2.1

7. SQL server 7.0 linked server error

8. Can I defeat Jet's ODBC connection caching?

9. linked server error

10. Linked Server Error 7399

11. Linked server Error 7391

12. Oracle linked server error