Repl over 1MB line over 80 kms

Post by Ricard » Tue, 10 Sep 2002 22:40:21

G'day ...

This question is directed particularly at people who have
had experience with repl. I wish to setup replication
between 2 sql 2000 servers over a 1 meg line. The one site
(LIVE) has 2 servers, a live transaction server which
accepts updates and a report server which is a day behind
only for running reports which is not updated. The second
server (BACKUP) to be part of the replication is located
at a backup site about 80 kms away. Updates will only
occur at the LIVE server during normal operation and the
data will be replicated to the BACKUP server as the
updates occur. I am looking at transactional based repl
since the data needs to be quite up to date. But I am
considering others because purely from a performance point
of view, I will be willing to compromise the up to date
info for better performance. In case of a failure, we
would wish to be able to switch over to the BACKUP server
and continue updating there. The size of the database to
be replicated is approx 30GB.

Is this scenario realistic? In your opinion what would be
the ideal setup?

[...]

1. line >80 Characters

hello,

i am a sql beginner with a little problem:

the result off my
1> select * from test
                           80
-----------------------------
row1    row2    row3    row4

row5    row6    row7

but was I want is
------------------------------------------------------------------------1024
row1    row2    row3    row4    row5    row6    row7    row...

and export in a ascii-file named xyz.txt

How can I do that?

thank you very much from germany
georg heiss

2. Increased memory w/7.24

3. printing more than 80-char in a single line

4. VB5 and Access97 or Only Access97

5. Paging wide ( > 80 char/line) files

6. Performance benchmarks

7. duplicated key inside system repl procedure when getting next repl job

8. view with parameters

9. Bay Area, CA - MS-SQL*Server DBA, Perm 80 - 85K

10. Port 80 connectivity

11. Can Connect On Port 1433 But Not 80

12. Can't Connect Over Port 80

13. odbc 03.80.0528 driver