ODBC not showing in system DSN

Post by Gabe De May » Thu, 30 May 2002 04:06:17

I've created several SQL Server System DSN's.  I can see
them within any application where I need to reference
them, but I can't see them in the ODBC System DSN tab when
I create them.  I need to reconfigure one of the DSN and I
can't get to it.

Any ideas?

Gabe De Mayo

ODBC not showing in system DSN

Post by Nick McDermai » Fri, 31 May 2002 09:19:40

The registry needs two entries for a DSN.

One has the connection/driver/DLL info

The other is something that the ODBC manager uses to list
the ODBC connections.

I'm not sure which is which but try the following:

1. Add a test DSN
2. Run Regedit and go to My
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Softwar\ODBC\ODBC.INI

Under here you will see two branches with the DSN name
that you just added. One branch holds connection info. The
other one is for the DSN list.

The DSN's which aren't appearing will only an entry in the
connection info. You need to manually add the other branch.

This is from memory, I may be wrong.

Nick

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I've created several SQL Server System DSN's.  I can see
>them within any application where I need to reference
>them, but I can't see them in the ODBC System DSN tab
when
>I create them.  I need to reconfigure one of the DSN and
>can't get to it.

>Any ideas?

>Gabe De Mayo
>.

1. SYSTEM DSN DOES NOT SHOW UP IN ODBC ADMINISTRATOR

Hi,
I am experiencing a problem that I do not understand.

When I run ODBC Administrator, the System DSNs do not display. In fact, they
do not display anywhere in ODBC Administrator. If I try to recreate one of
these DSNs, I am told that the DSN already exists and do I want to replace
it or cancel. The DSNs are in the registry under ODBC. The operating system
is Windows NT 4.0 sp6, the MDAC is 2.5 sp2, there is Office 97 sp2, Visual
Studio 6 sp4.

I have tried to remove and reinstall MDAC using CC but still no succcess.

Any ideas of what may display the System DSNs in ODBC Administrator?

Regards,
IAN LOWE

2. FPM Applescriptlib not found??

3. Applet-Servlet communications

4. System DSN doesn't show up in ODBC Window

5. ??? HTTPS Connection From a Java Stored Procedure ???

6. system dsn not displaying dsn names

7. ODBC system DSN not visible after creation

8. System DSN not displayed in ODBC Admin

9. System DSN not displayed in ODBC Admin Manager

10. ODBC not allowing adding SYSTEM DSN

11. ODBC DSN disappear from the system DSN tab