ISQL command-line switch

Post by Rick Charne » Wed, 18 Sep 2002 23:03:31

Is there a command-line switch for ISQL that would format the output to
be Tab Delimited rather than Column Aligned?  There's a -s
(col_separator) option but I don't think that'll help.  Thanks much.

ISQL command-line switch

Post by Tibor Karasz » Thu, 19 Sep 2002 19:04:46

I'd use BCP, possibly with the queryout option...

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP

Quote:> Is there a command-line switch for ISQL that would format the output to
> be Tab Delimited rather than Column Aligned?  There's a -s
> (col_separator) option but I don't think that'll help.  Thanks much.

1. using switch /c in ISQL command line

In Sybase, I could use the ISQL command line switch -c to
specify a command terminator. If I wanted to use <ENTER>
key as the command terminator, I could press <ENTER> key
after the switch -c in my ISQL comamnd line.

I tried to do the same thing in SQL's ISQL by using the
switch /c. I did not work.

Does anyone know how to use the switch /c to specify the
<ENTER> as the command terminator in SQL 2000? Thanks

-- Peter Lo

2. Problem Using SQL Server Training Eval Copy of 6.5

3. Query Analyzer Command Line Switch -C

4. Converting to ms or seconds?

5. Using command line switches

6. Using VFP 3.0 and 5.0 at the same time

7. command line switch outlook express

8. Embedded SQL for C Programmer's Toolkit

9. command line switches

10. Help with command line switch

11. command line switches

12. Command Line Switches for Paradox 9...?

13. Paradox Version 4.5 Command Line Switches