Unable to get list of data minng algorithms

Unable to get list of data minng algorithms

Post by Jamie MacLennan [MS » Thu, 19 Sep 2002 02:41:38

From the faq at http://groups.msn.com/AnalysisServicesDataMining/faq.msnw

23.  The mining model wizard shows no algorithms saying "Unable to get list
of data mining algorithms". What's wrong?

Microsoft Analysis Services data mining functionality is supported through
several separate dlls and rlls, which are loaded when its functionality is
actually being used. The symptom that you describe may happen when loading
of such dlls/rlls fails for some reason (such as corruption of the registry
entry or incomplete setup, etc). In most cases, installing (re-installing if
necessary) Microsoft SQL Server SP2 solves this problem.

Quote:> Hi,
>          I am trying to connect to the Analysis
> Server from a client machine where Analysis Manager
> is installed. I am trying to do the FoodMart Relational
> Data Mining Tutorial but I get the error cited in
> the subject line:

> "Unable to get list of data mining algorithms.
> Operation is not allowed when the object is closed".

> I can do the tutorial when I am on the server box.

> Anybody seen this before.

> Thanks in advance,

> Sanjay Chawla

1. Unable to get list of data mining algorithms?

I am getting an error when I try to create a new data mining model in SQL
Server Analysis Manager.

A message box pops up and says the following:

"Unable to get list of data mining algorithms.
Object or provider is not capable of performing the requested operation."

This comes up right after I select the source cube.
Any ideas on what this is from?
Thanks in advance.

2. Constraints preventing DTS package

3. unable to get list of data mining algorithms

4. [Re: replace unix vi editor]

5. HELP - Unable to get list of data mining algorithms

6. How do i store "TIME DURATION" in Oracle (what datatype shou i use ???)

7. Unable to get list of data mining algorithms

8. Merge Replication "Feature"

9. getting list of data mining algorithms

10. Unable to select a data mining algorithm

11. Unable to get Data mining algorithm!!

12. couldn't get the list of data mining algorithms

13. Getting a list of User Data Source names???