Drill Through work around

Post by Ian Hind » Fri, 03 May 2002 22:52:26

Does anybody know of a work around that enables drill through to be used in
a cube containing only calculated measures?  Is it possible to do something
with actions?

Thanks,

Ian

Drill Through work around

Post by George Spoffor » Fri, 03 May 2002 23:42:27

As far as I know, every cube has real measures in it somewhere, even if hidden.
You can always drill down on hidden measures (and involve them in any other MDX
you need to). You could use an action to generate the appropriate drillthrough
query if the client app can't be given the measure names by some other means.
Perhaps by doing some string manipulation on the name of calculated measure
that it is given.

HTH

--
George Spofford
Microsoft MVP

ISVs & IT organizations: Find out how DSS Lab can speed your development!

Drill Through work around

Post by Thomas Page » Sun, 05 May 2002 23:39:30

Ian,

there is a great tool out there, called Ralational Router from
www.netexs.com. It's action based and goes far beyond the standard
drillthrough functionality....

Thomas Pagel, MASP Business Consulting GmbH, Germany

Quote:> Does anybody know of a work around that enables drill through to be used