Executing Stored Procedure from a Remote Server

Executing Stored Procedure from a Remote Server

Post by Jeferso » Sun, 27 May 2001 04:46:52

Hi People!

I need to execute a Stored Procedure from a Remote Server.
Somebody could help me?

Thank's!

Jeferson

Executing Stored Procedure from a Remote Server

Post by Brian Mora » Sun, 27 May 2001 12:40:50

do this using a linked server. You can call the proc using syntaxt like this

linkedservername.db.dbo.myproc

You'll find info on Books Online that describes linked servers.

--
Brian Moran

Quote:> Hi People!

> I need to execute a Stored Procedure from a Remote Server.
> Somebody could help me?

> Thank's!

> Jeferson

1. Executing Remote Stored Procedures (SQL Server 6.5 SP4)

SQL Server 6.5 SP4, NT 4.0 SP3

I have about 10 SQL Servers involved in the following scenario:

I have Server A which server as the master server with the database that
contains certain ids.

All I'm trying to do is look up these ids from the other 9 servers using
remote stored procedures.

About 3 three servers, this works correctly, and the other six servers I get
the following error

Msg 18481, Level 16, State 2
Unable to connect to site 'sqlsdnat6' because it is unavailable or does not
exist.

These 10  servers are the same physical network.

Any ideas are appreciated...

2. FOXPRO -- Really simple question

3. Executing stored procedures on remote server

5. executing stored procedure on remote SQL server

6. Cursor vs Batch Update with DML

7. Executing system in stored procedures on remote servers

8. Simulating Deadlock with VB/ADO/Sql Server

9. how to execute remote stored procedure with parameter in openrowset

10. Verify connection before execute remote store procedure

11. executing a remote stored procedure

12. Null params returned when execute a remote stored procedure that uses RaisError