1. MSDE 2000 merge modules on machines where MSDE is already installed
I have created a Windows Installer package (with InstallShield for Windows
Installer) which includes the MSDE 2000 merge modules.
For a new installation of my company's product, everything works fine.
However, if I create an updated package, containing a new version of the
product, and try to install this on a machine, where MSDE is already
installed, then I run into problems.
At first, I was getting the error message "The instance name specified is
invalid". I have got rid of this by removing the custom action
"DetectInstanceClash" from SqlBase.msm. (Of course, this may have side
effects which I am not aware of!)
I am specifying an instance name.
I have a custom action which detects if my instance of MSDE is installed,
which I can easily extend to set properties etc.
I have tried setting the properties SqlUpgrade/SqlUpgradeUser, also setting
the property SQLMSDEInstalled and clearing the property SQLMSDESelected, but
so far have not found any combination which works.
Has anybody managed to create a package which would update their own product
without affecting an existing MSDE installation?
3. Setting SqlDataDir property for MSDE 2000 Merge Modules
4. .txt source to ms sql table only
7. MSDE 2000 Merge Modules in InstallShield 7.02 Project
8. Data Links - initial catalogs
9. MSDE 2000 Merge Module installation problem
10. MSDE 2000 merge module install (MSI/InstallShield)
11. MSDE 2000 installation on Windows 2000 SP2 Professional using Windows Installer Merge Modules from SP1
12. MSDE-2000 SP1 Merge Modules
13. MSDE 2000 Install problem from Merge Modules