Merge Replication "General Network Error"

Merge Replication "General Network Error"

Post by Tito » Sun, 29 Dec 2002 00:36:40

this is the message that i'm geting

The process could not query row metadata at the 'Subscriber'.
(Source: Merge Replication Provider (Agent); Error number: -2147200996)
General network error. Check your network documentation.
(Source: JETPACKSERVER (Data source); Error number: 11)
The process was successfully stopped.
(Source: Merge Replication Provider (Agent); Error number: -2147199469)

Merge Replication "General Network Error"

Post by Tito » Sun, 29 Dec 2002 00:30:32

My merge replication works fine after reinicialization
for a few minutes and then i start to get
a General Network Errors,  it work well once every 20 tries

I'm using two adsl connections to internet, (no vpn)
    W2K Server SP2 and SQL2K SP2   Publisher
    W2K Prof    SP3 and MSDE  SP2
I change the profiles query timeouts  and still don't work

Please, help if you can.

Thanks..

Merge Replication "General Network Error"

Post by Hilary Cotte » Sun, 29 Dec 2002 01:15:17

normally this is a connection problem or an access problem.

Has any data been replicated?  If not this is a good
indication that you are having an access problem.  Make
sure that you are using the same domain account for your
SQL Server Agent service, or that it is the same account
with the same password, or that the account you are using
on the subscriber can access the replication folder share
on your publisher.  The best way to test this, is to logon
on your subscriber machine with the SQL Agent account and
try to map a drive to the share.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
-------

>The process could not query row metadata at
the 'Subscriber'.
>(Source: Merge Replication Provider (Agent); Error

number: -2147200996)
Quote:>----------------------------------------------------------

Quote:>General network error. Check your network documentation.
>(Source: JETPACKSERVER (Data source); Error number: 11)

Quote:>The process was successfully stopped.
>(Source: Merge Replication Provider (Agent); Error

number: -2147199469)
Quote:>----------------------------------------------------------

1. Remote Connection Error "General Network Error"?

If anyone has ever run into this error before I would really appreciate the
fix to my problem.

I am creating an application in VB that connects to my remote SQL Server at
the office. In my connection string I'm using a provider of SQLOLEDB with
the DATA SOURCE of my IP address on the server.

This application works fine when connecting on my LAN but remotely via
TCP/IP I get a "General Network Error" of note I also get this error when
using DTS Import wizard using this IP address and senario.

Is my Server's TCP/IP settings in SQL Server configured improperly? Again
any input would really help me out.

Merry Christmas,
Trent from
CANADA

2. ActiveX component can't create object (repost)

3. Error 80004005 "General network error"

4. How do we anble multilple database writer processes

5. Intermittent "General Network Error" messages

6. Senior Oracle DBA Opportunity

7. Pleading: Maddening "General Network Error"

8. Faxing and AP/Native

9. Merge replication error "rowguidcol"

10. Merge replication "errors"

11. Merge Replication - General Network Error - TCP/IP Sockets 100054

12. Merge replication over Internet: general network error

13. Why does Merge Replication stops successfully on "General Network Error"?