Not a suported computername, replication

Not a suported computername, replication

Post by Bj?rn Axel » Thu, 19 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi.
Is there anyone who can help me with.
1.My servers are unfortunately using a not suppored computername so I heard
that you could change the SQL name with sp_addserver SERVERNAME, local. I

still not able to register this computername in SQL Enterprise Manager so
when I try to Install Replication Publishing it still say Not a supported
computername.

Bj?rn Axell
NETnet International

Phone:+46856634008

Not a suported computername, replication

Post by Ron Talma » Thu, 19 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Bjorn,

You need to change the computer name so that it has legal SQL Server

name.

Ron

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998 08:46:40 +0100, "Bj?rn Axell"