importing data with ss2k gives error

Post by ch » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 23:19:38

i've got the ss2k enterprise manager on my workstation.
i have quite a few ss7 databases out there.
when i try to import data using the import wizard of my ss2k em from one
ss7 db to another ss7 db, i get the following error
"need to run the object first" and nothing gets imported.  is the ss2k
import wizard compatible with ss7 databases?

ch

importing data with ss2k gives error

Post by William Chen [M » Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:51:00

There should be no compatibility issues with import wizard, do you have the
same table structure between the source database and the destination
database.

You may want to script the source database and create similar tables in the
destination database.

William Chen

1. Importing Data via ODBC give some empty tables

I am trying to import the data from our accounts package into SQL 7 using
it's ODBC driver.  There is no obvious problem with importing, but some
tables are created but are empty.
There are data there as Access manages to read it directly using the ODBC
driver itself.
If any one has any suggestions I would appreciate it as they are the
important tables which are missing!
James Marchant

2. Co-op Ads

3. Importing EXEL file into sql server 2000 Database gives COLLATE error

4. tableDef

5. Cannot Import, but no error given

6. Shrink Database

7. DTS gives license error when trying to export data

8. EM Login Failure

9. Seek gives data error when not finding text in VB5.0

10. Data Control: Edit method gives Read-Only error

11. 3.51 vs 4.0 Data Providers Giving Flakey Locking Errors

12. Data Control and Combo gives System error?