Standard SQL Logon account names ????

Post by SQL Newbi » Sat, 09 Jun 2001 06:58:19

Hello,

    Is there a standard out there that people are using for there SQL logon
account for the Domain ???

I've seen SQL_NAME, etc.

Standard SQL Logon account names ????

Post by Keith Kratochvi » Sun, 10 Jun 2001 06:32:10

No standard.
Who cares?  Simply create a network login name that the admins at your shop
agree with and go from there.  Chances are, you will never think about this
account again.

--
Keith
==============

> Hello,

>     Is there a standard out there that people are using for there SQL
logon
> account for the Domain ???

> I've seen SQL_NAME, etc.

1. Naming Standard? - SQL Server Login Account

My predecessor set up the SQL Server NT login account as
"~SQLService"(with a ~ in front of the ID).  I'm not sure I've seen this
done before.  Does anyone know if this is OK to do.  I'm wondering if I
should "bite the bullet" now and change all the servers to "SQLService"
without the "~".  I'm just concerned that this is going to come back to
haunt me in the future.

Thanks for any information!!!

Mike Adams

2. US-IL-HANDS-ON PROGRAM MGR. PEOPLESOFT 8 GENERAL LEDGER ORACLE 9I 8 WK CONTRACT

3. SQL Cluster Setup Wizard can't logon SQL Service account

4. error while installing 8.1.7.3.0 patchset

5. NT account VS Standard account...

6. P.SQLv7 and Activer Server Pages

7. SQL Server Setup Logon Account Problem

8. Removing a login

9. not able to logon to sql server with osql, isql and a domain account

10. SQL Executive logon account

11. Cluster and SQL accounts failing to logon

12. How to change encrypted password for SQL standard account