delete stament conflicted ... in Merge Replication

delete stament conflicted ... in Merge Replication

Post by Robert Quiro » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:35:27

I have two NT 4 servers with SQL and a Merge Replication of some tables
of a DB. The Snapshot agent and the Merge Agent seam to be working fine.
But when I try to delete a record on the Subscriber I receive the
following error.
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver] [SQL Server] DELETE statement
conflicted with Table reference constrain "FK_...." The conflict ocurred
in database ... table ...

Does any one knows what is going on ?

Robert

delete stament conflicted ... in Merge Replication

Post by Edin Pjani » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 16:37:27

You tried to delete a record in a table which is referenced in a foreign
key constraint.

This has nothing with replication.

If you are sure you don't have a foreign key constraint, then I would
also like to know what happened, and please post the answer if you find
it.

Edin

1. Conflicts in merge replication, records deleted

I have one SQL Server 7 publisher and four SQL Server 7 subscribers
with merge replication (pull). From time to time I get conflicts in
tables with the reason, that a record which was inserted in the
subscriber database couldn't
be inserted in the publishers db due to a FK constraint. The record
then seems to be deleted from the subscriber. I figure the conflicts
occur because the FK constraints are enabled during replication. I
then use Conflict Viewer to insert the conflicting data into the
publisher db and it works fine. The FK conflicts don't exist anymore
so I guess the replication order (table order) must have caused the
problem. Atleast that's what I thought.

But... When I run the merge replication again the same conflicts are
back and the conflicting records are deleted from the publisher! If I
instead script the conflicting data into the publisher's db and then
run the merge replication everything works fine.

Questions:

Should FK constraints be enabled during replication?
How come the conflicts come back when they are resolved successfully?
Why are the conflicting records deleted?

Thanks/Regards
Magnus

2. How to design a master details form

3. FK conflicts during Merge results in DELETE

4. -SQL-Remote-

5. Removing merge replication/conflicting triggers

6. OPTICAL DISK BACKUP?

7. Merge replication conflict problem

8. Does SQL Server authentication send passwords as plain text?

9. SP3 Merge Replication Conflict Woes

10. merge replication identity conflict madness!!

11. merge replication conflict and identity range problem

12. Merge Replication Conflict Viewer Authority

13. Merge Replication - Conflict problem