How do I query from 2 different machines

How do I query from 2 different machines

Post by Tom Barto » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00

How do I write a select statement to querry from two tables on two different
machines, I realize that the machines must be registered in the enterprise
manager tool.

I suspect the syntax is something like:
select  machinename.databasename.owner.tablename.column1,
machinename.databasename.owner.tablename.column2, from
machinename.databasename.owner.tablename,
machinename.databasename.owner.tablename

-thomas

How do I query from 2 different machines

Post by Neil Pik » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Tom - correct, but this only works with SQL 7

Quote:> How do I write a select statement to querry from two tables on two different
> machines, I realize that the machines must be registered in the enterprise
> manager tool.

> I suspect the syntax is something like:
> select  machinename.databasename.owner.tablename.column1,
> machinename.databasename.owner.tablename.column2, from
> machinename.databasename.owner.tablename,
> machinename.databasename.owner.tablename

> -thomas

 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 SQL FAQ (356 entries) see

 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)