connecting to SQL from Client behind proxy

connecting to SQL from Client behind proxy

Post by Ravi » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 03:47:57

Hi There,

I want to connect to SQL Server from a VB application which is running behind a
proxy server. I m unable to do it, I have tried many methods, help me plzzzzz

Thanks in advance

Ravi

connecting to SQL from Client behind proxy

Post by Dinesh.T.K » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 04:56:02

Ravi,

You have to open up the ports that SQL Server uses.
For tcp-ip sockets the default port for SQL Server is 1433.Please refer
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q164/6/67.asp... for
details.

Dinesh.

connecting to SQL from Client behind proxy

Post by DAC » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 06:33:45

You may need to install Winsock on the client machine.
I'm not sure if this is the best solution, but we ran into
the same problem this morning and installing winsock
allowed us to connect through the server.  If winsock is
running however you cannot connect directly to the
internet.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi There,

>I want to connect to SQL Server from a VB application

which is running behind a
Quote:>proxy server. I m unable to do it, I have tried many

methods, help me plzzzzz
Quote:

>Thanks in advance

>Ravi
>.

1. Problem connecting an oracle client behind Wingate proxy server to an oracle server not behind proxy

I have installed an oracle client (Forms Runtime) behind Wingate proxy
server. When I tried to connect to the server that is not behind any
proxy server I couldnt reach preferable IP (server IP). Somehow I
cant connect to destination IP.

I put in tnsnames.ora the following lines:

PROD.WORLD =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)(PORT = 1521))
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = PROD))
  )

Client machine can connect to Internet while surfing over the Internet
with Internet Explorer but only via proxy server. Is there anything I
should put that client will first connect to proxy and to server:

Network 1 (CLIENT->PROXY)------->Netvork 2 (SERVER)

Any help is appreciated, Boris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. OWAS 3.0 and Java Servlets

3. Problem with connecting to sql server form the client computer behind proxy

4. reindexing a database

5. Connect client's behind proxy server?

6. Wanted. Excel newsgroup.

7. using ADO object to connect to sql server behind proxy

8. ActiveX Script and UDL

9. Client access to foreign server from behind Proxy Server

10. Accessing Oracle server from client which is behind firewall/proxy on intranet

11. using Informix JDBC HTTP proxy servlet from an applet that sits behind a network proxy

12. SQL Server behind Proxy

13. SQL 7.0 behind Proxy 2.0