Restoring a BackUp set

Post by Muhammad Falik She » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Occasionally I get this error on restoring a backup set from other
server.
"the RAD set for database "MyDatabse" is missing memeber number 1.
Backup or restore operation terminating abnormally."

any tip.

  falik_sher.vcf
< 1K Download

Restoring a BackUp set

Post by Tibor Karasz » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Muhammad,

Seems like you did a striped backup on the other server and you don't have
all the files/tapes when you do restore (The GUI can be a bit confusing).
Try below:

backup database pubs to disk = 'c:\pubs1.bak', DISK = 'c:\pubs2.bak'
restore database pubs from disk = 'c:\pubs1.bak'

--
Tibor Karaszi, Cornerstone Sweden AB
MCDBA, MCSE, MCSD, MCT, SQL Server MVP

Quote:> Hi,