problems with sscesa20.dll for replication on win .net server

problems with sscesa20.dll for replication on win .net server

Post by Ofer Berkovic » Mon, 03 Mar 2003 16:55:47

Hi all
I develop an application for PDA with visual studio .net.
I try to do a replication with a database (sql 2000) but don't succeed.
I think it some thing with the permissionsof the IIS.
I used to work withe win 2K, win XP and every thing works very well. I'm
doing the same as I did before but it is'nt working???

This is what I'm doing:
1. Create a Local Directory : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL\REPLDATA
2. Register the Server Agent DLL : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server CE
2.0\Server\sscesa20.dll
3. Change DLL and Directory Permissions. (I try every thing, all
permissions)

the Virtual Directory's Directory Security is set to "Anonymous
Authentication"

do any one succeed to use the sscesa20.dll for replication??
is the permission are different from the IIS 5.0 ??

please help
thanks ofer

problems with sscesa20.dll for replication on win .net server

Post by Brad Syputa - M » Wed, 05 Mar 2003 05:31:10

Hi Ofer,

In your IIS MMC, you need to enable ISAPI permissions for the Server Agent.
They have changed IIS for .Net to not allow any ISAPI by default. Go to web
services extensions and enable all Isapi.

If you use the SQLCE 2.0 setup on .Net and run the Connectivity Wizard, this
will be done for you and you will not have to do this by hand.

--
Brad

Quote:> Hi all
> I develop an application for PDA with visual studio .net.
> I try to do a replication with a database (sql 2000) but don't succeed.
> I think it some thing with the permissionsof the IIS.
> I used to work withe win 2K, win XP and every thing works very well. I'm
> doing the same as I did before but it is'nt working???

> This is what I'm doing:
> 1. Create a Local Directory : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
> Server\MSSQL\REPLDATA
> 2. Register the Server Agent DLL : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server
CE
> 2.0\Server\sscesa20.dll
> 3. Change DLL and Directory Permissions. (I try every thing, all
> permissions)

> the Virtual Directory's Directory Security is set to "Anonymous
> Authentication"

> do any one succeed to use the sscesa20.dll for replication??
> is the permission are different from the IIS 5.0 ??

> please help
> thanks ofer

1. problems with sscesa20.dll for replication on win .net server

[...]

2. Wired for OLAP

3. Security Help! sscesa20.dll

4. PDOXWIN ftp sites?

5. Problems with .NET Odbc Data Provider (Microsoft.data.odbc.dll)

6. Updating an Oracle DB from MS Access

7. Does SQL Server support calls to .Net DLLs?

8. Sybase Developers/Architects - Pacific NW

9. PDOX for Win Net Locking Problems

10. ssmssh70.dll problem connection won't work

11. SQL Server Agent Job Won't Write file to Net Drive

12. HELP: Problem with I-NET/WIN connecting to ISC UNIX

13. Whoops should have been DAO360.DLL problem not DAO350.DLL problem