Interesting Replication Scenario

Post by saros » Fri, 20 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi Friends,

I have an interesting replication scenario.

There are 2  Servers  both of them SQL 6.5  Servers.One has a live IP  i.e.,
permanently connected to the net.
The Second Server  does not have a live IP and it connects to the net using
Dial-Up Networking and gets a new  IP every time it dials up and connects to
the net.

We are supposed to configue Replication between these two servers.

The Replication Scenario is as follows:

Suppose there are 20 tables in the database which has to be replicated 10
are modified at the fixed IP SQL Server and the remaining 10  at  the SQL
Server which does not have a Fixed IP.The variable IP server
will dial-up at a given time and establish a connection to the net and get a
new IP every time it dials-up.
Replication should be configued in such a way that  at that particular time
the modified tables from both the sides have to be replicated.

One of the facts is that both of these servers have to be Publishers and
Subribers to each other.The most important point to be considered is that
can  the server with a fixed IP be configured  to Publish data to a
Server which has a dynamic IP allocation.

Suggestions are welcomed .

Tkanks in advance

Sarosh A.Mukaddam.

[...]

1. Interesting Scenario

I need to create a dts package the scenario is like this:

I will receive 5 files in txt format and 5 in xls.

The files will be named for eg. as  a.txt , b.txt , c.txt.....
and excel files as b.xls,d.xls,e.xls....

All the data from these files has to be appended to a single sql table

I want to shcedule a DTS run every month :

these files will be stored in a folder and the DTS run should pick up these
files,how should i go about doing it.there should be no data
duplication.After the process in successful the files have to be deleted and
new files will be uploaded to this location in the coming month period.
thanks in advance.

2. Changing ownership...

3. How to connect to Lotus Notes?

4. Guru Advice Needed for Query on Interesting Data Scenario

6. Interesting Scenario

7. Servelets

8. interesting scenario problem

9. Interesting Scenario